Did you know?
* Heart disease is primary cause of American deaths.
* Annually, about 600,000 Americans die of heart disease – that’s 1 in every 4 deaths.
* Every year about 715,000 Americans have a heart attack. Of these, 525,000 are a first heart attack and 190,000 are second atttacks.
* Every minute, someone in America dies from something related to heart disease. Every 34 seconds, someone has a heart attack.
* For Asian Americans or Pacific Islanders and American Indians or Alaska Natives, heart disease is the second leading cause of death only to cancer. Heart disease is the leading cause of death for people of most racial/ethnic groups in the United States, including African Americans, Hispanics and whites.
Learn more about heart disease from the CDC.
Heart Disease Health Panels
ARCpoint Labs of Columbia, SC offers a series of tests to check your heart health. Knowing your numbers can not only help determine your cardiovascular health but also keep track of your progress as you set goals to improve your health.
Heart Panels and Profiles can include:
- Lipids (checks the fats in the bloodstream – cholesterol, LDL, HDL, triglycerides)
- Complete Blood Count (CBC) with differential (checks for anemia by measuring white blood cells, hemoglobin, hematocrit and platelets)
- Complete Metabolic Panel (CMP)
- C-Reactive Protein (Cardiac CRP)
- Vitamin D, 25-Hydroxy
- Lipoprofile LDL Particle Size NMR (Nuclear Magnetic Resonance)
- Lipoprotein-associated Phospholipase A2 (PLAC)
- Apolipoprotein B
Contact ARCpoint for your Heart Health Wellness Screen Today
To request a “heart health” wellness panel or a specific test related to your cardiovascular health, please contact ARCpoint Labs of Columbia, SC today.